What is Shoutcast Radio?
- 1. What is SHOUTcast Radio?
- SHOUTcast Radio is a free-of-charge audio homesteading solution. It permits anyone on the internet to broadcast audio from their PC to listeners across the Internet or any other IP-based network (Office LANs, college campuses, etc.).
- The SHOUTcast audio homesteading system is comprised of three simple components. They are explained in detail below:
- Listeners tune in to SHOUTcast Radio broadcasts by using a player compatible with streaming MP3 audio. Users can visit the SHOUTcast Radio directory to locate a stream they'd like to listen to. Recommended players are listed below:
- Persons wanting to broadcast will need to run their own server, as per the instructions here, or find someone willing to run one for them. Once a server's located, broadcasters use Winamp and a plug-in called the SHOUTcast Radio DSP Plugin for Winamp to send audio from Winamp to the SHOUTcast Radio server. The tools are available here, and there's an entire section of the documentation dedicated to the plug-in.
- Broadcasters need to use Winamp and the SHOUTcast DSP Plugin for Winamp. There is no current solution for broadcasting from Unix or Macintosh.
- The SHOUTcast Radio DNAS software is available for the following platforms as of the writing of this documentation. There may be more recent information on the server download section of this site.
Was this answer helpful?
ShoutCast skipping can often occur under two conditions: 1. Your computer is maxing out its...
Create a Webradio with SAM Broadcaster And Shoutcast on carihost.com Download SAM...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution